Facing issues with Computer Hang? Do not worry. Learn with us the steps to Fix a hanged computer.
Computer hang is the worst thing we face in our daily life. Working on a last minute project and the pc got hanged! Yes! It is annoying but don’t worry, you can get rid of it in only 6 steps. So let’s start the topic-“How to troubleshoot a hanged computer in only 6 steps”
There are six steps to be followed for troubleshooting a computer hanging issue. These are the basic troubleshooting tips.
Step 1 – Checking RAM
Memory (RAM) is an active component of a computer, which frequently writes and rewrites data. A failure in the RAM would result in a system breakdown. So checking RAM is the first and best possible way to fix the issue because RAM actually increases your performance and sometimes it becomes the cause of the decrease.
1. Bad memory stick can be a cause of a computer hang.
2. Check RAM by using Memory diagnostic test.
3. You can use a third party tool such as “Memtest86”
4. Ensure that RAM is compatible with the motherboard.
Step 2 – Checking Hard Drive
- Check Hard Drive for bad sectors.
- Run a complete diagnostic test to check the stability of the hard drive.
- Use manufacturer’s diagnostic tool or “chkdsk” command.
- If you come across a lot of bad sectors or errors, backing up data and repairing the bad sectors is recommended.
Step 3 – Overheat1. Overheat is the most common issue that cause the system instability.
2. Check the BIOS to monitor the temperature.
3. Remove the cabinet side panel and processor fan, then blow the air dust out.
4. Apply thermal paste to avoid overheating.
Step 4 – Checking BIOS
- System instability is caused due to overclocking the processor or RAM in BIOS settings.
- Reset the BIOS settings or remove and put back the CMOS battery.
- Ensure that the BIOS firmware is up to date.
Step 5 – Checking SMPS
- SMPS has to be powerful enough to handle the latest hardware in the system.
- Check the output voltages coming from SMPS.
- Loud noise from the SMPS indicates power supply issues.