To create Active Directory user account first you need to configure Active Directory Domain Service (ADDS) in your server.
To learn how to install Active Directory in server, please read my previous article- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS): Full Installation Guide
How to create Active Directory User account?
Step1:- Open server manager dashboard
>> Click on tools
>>Select Active Directory Users & Computers
Or step 2:- Start + Run >> dsa.msc >> Enter
To open Active Directory Users & Computers, both above steps are right. You can choose any one.
Step3:- Expand domain name, here techsikhsha.com
>>Right click on Users container >> New user
>> Fill up the Form >> Next
- User logon name is the user name of the account.
Subhendu@tachsikhsha.com means, Subhendu is the user name and @techsikhsha.com is referring to the domain name.
As you are creating Active Directory user account you must login with the domain name.
- You can login with “Techshiksha\Subhendu” this pattern also. This is also a way to login with your active directory user account.
- Initials option refers to the middle name. If you have any, you can fill the box.
>> Set password for your user account and confirm it
Now, let me explain the 4 highlighted password options
-  User must change password at next logon: It means when user will login with this user account for the first time, He/She must change the login password by themselves.
The main purpose of this option is to avoid creating individual password for each user in a big organization where thousands of users are working.
- User cannot change the password: It means, Admins will only set the password for the users.
- Password never expires: It means, if an admin sets a password for a user account, the password will never expire.
- Account is disabled: By selecting this option you can disable an user account.
>> Choose any of these 4 options >> Next >> Finish
This is how you create an Active Directory User account.
Hope this article helps you. Please share your feedback in the comment section and subscribe to our page.
Techsikhsha is a technical guide website where you can find various types of technical tips. Stay with us and help us to grow.