Download VMware workstation Pro, Click here
To Create Windows 10 Virtual Machine, Install VMware workstation Pro in Windows 10?
- Double click on the .exe file of VMware workstation Pro
- Click on Next
- Check “I accept the terms & condition” >> Next
- Click on next
- Select the location for installation >> Next
- Again Next
- Check the boxes according to your choice >> Next
- Hit on Install and the installation will start
- Click on Finish
How to Create Windows 10 Virtual Machine on VMware Workstation?
To Create Windows 10 Virtual Machine,
- Create a folder in hard drive >> Open VMware workstation
- Create new virtual machine OR,
Click on File >> create new virtual machine
- Choose Typical >> next
- Select radio button – “I will install the OS later” >> Next
- Select OS and Version >> Next
- Give your virtual machine a name >> Select the pre-created folder >> Next
- Give your preferable disk size >> Store virtual disk as a single file
- Customize hardware
- Select New CD/DVD >> Use ISO image file >> Browse and select the ISO >> Close
- Select the VM >> Power On the virtual machine >> Ready to go
*** Note:- Above shown configuration details are just to show the process. RAM size, HDD size, OS depends on your need.
What is Fixed Disk referring to in Hyper V windows 10?
Fixed disk option uses maximum space. It is faster in indexing and has no fragments. Remember, more fragment data leads to slower disk performance . The size of this kind of disk does not increase on demand.
What is Dynamic Disk referring to in Hyper V windows 10?
It starts with small size and grows as needed. The size increases on demand, with a maximum limit size as decided by the administrator.
Difference between Generation 1 & Generation 2 in Hyper v windows 10 :
Generation 1 :
- Non secure Bios boot
- Supports Legacy Bios and also support COMPORT & virtual FLOPPY
- It consists of IDE (integrated development environment) & SCSI (Small Computer System Interface)
Generation 2 :
- Consists of UEFI Bios that is secure Bios.
- Does not support COMPORT & FLOPPY
- Mainly used to support Windows 8 & higher OS
- Support SCSI controller
Virtual HDD Formats :
Type1 : .VHD, .VHDX, .VHDS
- .VHD : Maximum size 2 TB
- .VHDX : Known as extended VHD, maximum size 64 TB. It has better recovery features.
- .VHDS : Shared VHD, maximum size 64 TB. It is a shared disk generally used for clustering and failover storage, supported by windows 10 and server 2016.
Type2 : .VMDK