What is Virtualization in Computing?
To Install Windows 10 in Hyper V, you need to know what virtualization or Hyper V is. Hyper V Windows 10 is the best example of Virtualization in computing . In computing, virtualization refers to the act of creating a virtual version of something, including virtual computer hardware platforms, storage devices and computer network resources. It is the most recommended way to alleviate cost In IT field for all size businesses.
What is Hypervisor or Hyper V in Windows 10 ?
A hypervisor or virtual machine is a computer software or firmware or hardware that creates and runs virtual machines. A computer on which a hypervisor runs one or more virtual machine is called a host machine, and each virtual machine is called a guest machine.
Types of Hypervisor in Computing :
There are two types of hypervisor or hyper V in computing. These are Type 1 & Type 2.
- Type 1 : This type of hyper v runs directly on the host’s hardware to control the hardware and to manage guest operating systems. For this reason, they are sometimes called bare metal hypervisors or native hyper v . The first hypervisor, which IBM developed in 1960 was Native Hyper v .
- Type 2 : These hypervisors run on a conventional operating system just as other computer programs do. A guest operating system runs as a process on the host. Type-2 hyper visor abstract guest operating system systems from the host operating system. VMware workstation, VMware player, Virtual box, Parallels desktop for MAC and QEMU are examples of type 2 hypervisors.
Configuration steps of Type 1 Hypervisor or Hyper v in Windows 10 :
- Open Control panel or start+run – search “control’ and hit enter.
- Uninstall a program
- Turn windows features on or off
- Check Hyper v
- Check hyper v management tools & hyper V platform
- Hit ok and then you will be asked to restart now.
To Disable Hypervisor in windows 10 please follow the above mention steps and then,
- Uncheck Hyper v
- Uncheck hyper v management tools & hyper V platform
- Restart now
How to launch Hyper V :
- Start >> Search box
- Type Hyper V >> Open Hyper V manager
- Right click on Hyper V manager
- Click on option “Connect to server”
- Radio button Local Computer >> Ok
How to create Virtual Switch in Hyper V Windows 10 :
For creating virtual switch –
- Click on virtual switch manager option
- Internal >> Create virtual switch
- Give any name >> apply >> Ok
How to Install Windows 10 in Hyper V:
For creating windows 10 Virtual machine in Hyper V ,
- First create a folder in a local drive
- Go back to hyper V manager
- Right click on the PC name >> New >> Virtual machine >> Give a name to the VM >> Check store >> Select the pre-created folder >> Next
- Select Generation 1
- Give RAM size (RAM size must be mentioned in MB) >> Next
- Select the Virtual Switch >> Next
- Give the virtual Hard Disk size (Size must be mentioned in GB)
- Now choose your preferable OS installation option. Here I will select “install an operating system from a bootable CD/DVD-ROM >> Image file (ISO) >> Browse >> Select the OS file >> Next >> Finish.
And the virtual machine is just now created.
How to Edit some settings of a VM in Hyper V Windows 10 :
To change settings of any VM,
- Open Hyper V manager >> Right click on the VM >> Settings >>Now you can change any settings of that particular VM.
How to create Checkpoints :
- Right click on the VM >> Checkpoint
How to revert back to a previously created check points :
- Open Hyper V manager >> Right click on the desired checkpoint >> Apply >> Apply
- OS 64 Bit
- Processor should be supported Virtualization.
- Bios settings: M/B Bios>> Advance >> CPU configuration >> V-tech >> Enabled.