Table of contents hide
3. Disadvantages :
3.2. Techsikhsha is a technical guide website where you can find various types of troubleshooting. This website is built to help those people who search for a solution in various sites. We are trying to bring most of the relative and common solutions together in one place. Stay with us and help us to grow.
What is Star Topology?
In STAR Topology configuration all nodes are connected to a central Hub with a separated cables. Here the central note or hub acts like the main server & the other nodes which are connected to the central node, act like client devices.
- In this type of network it is very easy to add or remove a node to the network system.
- Here if any fault occurs it is very easy to find out & fix it up.
- If anyone node faces problem, the rest nodes performs smoothly without effecting the whole network.
- It is more expensive than any other topologies to build up the network.
- It requires excessive length of cable.
- The entire network goes down if the central node (HUB) does not work properly & also if the other important nodes are disconnected from the network, example file server nodes stops working.
- The central hub is expensive which makes the network more expensive.