The new e-filing website of income tax is more easy and secure. The e-filing website of income tax depends on the HTTPS convention and not HTTP. The new income tax e filing website India is booked to go live on June 7, 2021.
What is an e-filing portal?
The e-filing website of income tax is utilized by the citizens to document their individual or business class pay ITRs and furthermore to raise grievances looking for discounts and different works with the duty division.
The taxman utilizes it to issue notices, get reactions from the taxpayer and react to their questions and impart last requests like evaluations, bids, exemptions and penalties, among others.
Details of launching new income tax e filing website:-
The Income Tax office will before long be dispatching another new e-filing website of income tax for citizens to make the routine ITRs recording measure simpler and hassle-free, authorities said on Thursday. The authorities added that the current income tax e-filing website will be closed for six days between June 1 and 6, this year. Also, by June 7, the new e-filing website of income tax would be made operational for citizens.
A request given by the frameworks wing of the office said the “Transition” from the old entry – www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in – to the new – www.incometax.gov.in – will be finished and made operational from June 7.
“In preparation for this launch and migration activities, the existing portal of the department at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in would not be available for a brief period of six days from June 1 to 6,” the order said.
The current income tax e-filing website will “not be accessible” to both the citizens just as Income Tax Department officials during this period, it said.
“All officers may be directed to fix any hearing or complaints only from June 10 onwards to give taxpayers time to respond to the new system,” it said.
Any work planned between the citizen and the surveying official of the division might be scheduled earlier or dismissed, said by the order. Also, the due date for filing income tax returns for the financial year 2020-21 for individuals has been extended to September 30, 2021.
The e-filing website of income tax is utilized by the citizens to record their individual or business classification annual Income Tax Returns (ITRs) and furthermore to raise grumblings looking for refunds and different works with the assessment office.
In the interim, the I-T officials have given over ₹24,792 crore refunds to in excess of 15 lakh citizens so far.
Of this, individual income tax refunds worth ₹7,458 crores have been given in over 14.98 lakh cases. Corporate income tax refunds of ₹17,334 crores have been given to 43,661 citizens.
“CBDT issues refunds of over ₹24,792 crore to more than 15 lakh taxpayers between 1st April 2021 to 17th May 2021,” tweeted by the Income-tax department.
The I-T division didn’t determine the financial year for the refunds. In any case, it is accepted that the refunds are for tax returns issued for 2019-20.
How to do e filing of income tax in the new e filing website of income tax?
- Go to the Income Tax e-Filing portal, https://www.incometax.gov.in (from 7th June only)
- Login to the e-Filing portal by entering user ID (PAN), Password, Captcha code and click ‘Login’.
- Click on the ‘e-File’ menu and click the ‘Income Tax Return’ link.
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Read the Instructions carefully and Fill all the applicable and mandatory fields of the Online ITR Form.
- Choose the appropriate Verification option in the ‘Taxes Paid and Verification’ tab.
Choose any one of the following option to verify the Income Tax Return:
- I would like to e-Verify
- I would like to e-Verify later within 120 days from the date of filing.
- I don’t want to e-Verify and would like to send signed ITR-V through normal or speed post to “Centralized Processing Center, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru – 560 500” within 120 days from the date of filing.
- Click on the ‘Preview and Submit’ button, Verify all the data entered in the ITR.
- ‘Submit’ the ITR.
- On Choosing ‘I would like to verify option, e-Verification can be done through any of the following methods by entering the EVC/OTP when asked for.
- The EVC/OTP should be entered within 60 seconds, else the Income Tax Return (ITR) will be auto-submitted. The submitted ITR should be verified later by using the ‘My Account > e-Verify Return’ option or by sending signed ITR-V to CPC.
- To view the uploaded ITRs, go to https://www.incometax.gov.in (from 7th June only)
- Source site
Click to know-
Features of the new e-filing website of income tax:
1) The new e-filing website of income tax will be incorporated with the prompt handling of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to give fast refunds to citizens
2) All connections and transfers or forthcoming activities will be shown on a solitary dashboard for follow-up activity by the citizen.
3)Income tax filing online india Free-of-cost ITR arrangement programming accessible disconnected and online with intuitive inquiries to help citizens issue ITR even with no assessment information, with pre-filling, for least information section exertion.
4) New call center for citizen help for guaranteed answers to citizen inquiries with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos, and so on
5) All key portal capacities on the work area will be accessible on the mobile application which will be empowered along these lines for full access to the portable devices.
6) New online expense installment framework on the new entrance will be empowered accordingly with various new installment choices like net banking, UPI, RTGS, NEFT, and different modes.